This is an outline of what to expect when working with Professional Grounds for Landscape Consultations, Proposals and Installation.
INITIAL CONTACT. At the time you make initial contact with Professional Grounds, Inc. our helpful and informative administrative staff will request some simple information to determine the types of services you are in need of along with your residential address and contact information. We offer consultations along with proposals for the implementation of your project and services for Formal Landscape Design Creation. If you already own a formal design, we are happy to provide a proposal for the implementation of your project based on the scope of your design. Your designer will contact you directly to set up an appointment and answer general questions. We highly recommend you arrange your appointment for a time that both you and your partner/spouse can be present. It is very helpful for our designers to meet with all household decision makers together so they are able to collect everyone’s suggestions. Contact us by submitting your information here or calling 703-339-0600.
PREPARE FOR YOUR INITIAL CONSULTATION. We ask that you spend a little time preparing for our consultation by making the following considerations.
- Gather your thoughts about what you would like for your new landscape. Dream big and create a wish-list of what your ideal landscape will incorporate.
- Spend time viewing your current outdoor space at different times of the day. Look for where the sun hits during different times of the day and what areas do your family favor in your current space.
- Think of how you want to utilize your *new* outdoor space. Are there certain amenities you want in order to live your preferred lifestyle (wider driveway, designated space for outdoor equipment, etc.)?
- Browse the internet or print material for pictures of concepts and/or materials you like, retain examples to share with your designer
- Note any drainage issues and other challenges you have on your property, such as areas that accumulate standing water or areas that seem to acquire damages after severe weather.
- Obtain a copy of your house location survey or plat (if available)
- And finally, create a manageable budget to share with your designer. This will help maintain realistic expectations for both the designer and homeowner throughout the process.
CONSULTATION MEETING. When you meet with your designer for your consultation, its important to keep in mind that we understand that many clients are not familiar with the costs and procedures associated with landscaping projects. Rest assured, it’s okay if you don’t know exactly what you are looking for in your outdoor project. Your designer will work with you to incorporate your needs into a fabulous design that will work wonderfully for both your family and your property, while assuring you best understand pricing in relation to your project and material selections.
REVIEW YOUR PROPOSAL. After your consultation, once the scope of your project has been determined, your Professional Grounds designer will send you a proposal for Professional Grounds, Inc. to complete your project. Generally you will receive your proposal within one week of your consultation. If you purchased a formal landscape design please click here for additional information.
APPROVE YOUR PROJECT. When you are ready to move forward with the implementation of your new project you will submit your signed proposal along with your contract deposit, and your project will be submitted for scheduling. Professional Grounds schedules new projects on a “first come, first serve” basis. Most jobs generally begin within 2-6 weeks; however, depending on the scope and nature of your project we always do our best to begin your project as quickly as possible. During the time before your installation begins, you will be finalizing material selections and will be kept abreast of any scheduling conflicts.
PROJECT PREPARATION. Before your start date and throughout your project installation, your designer, project manager and crew foreman will be in close communication to implement and execute each phase of your project with the utmost professionalism, as we are committed to building a quality project of the highest degree. We are experienced with all requirements for permitting, utility marking, and construction implementation as set forth by all Virginia County and the District’s regulatory departments.
PROJECT INSTALLATION. As part of our design-build service, we manage and execute these cumbersome processes to make your project as simple and convenient as possible for you, the client. We make every effort to ensure the jobsite is tidy and safe, which includes cleaning up the project site before the end of each day. Professional Grounds, Inc. employs only courteous, professional, highly skilled crew members.
PROJECT COMPLETION AND FINAL WALK-THROUGH. On the final few days of construction, your designer will schedule a walk-through of the project. We will familiarize you with your new outdoor living space and answer or address any outstanding questions or issues before our last day of construction. Final payment will be due at this time.
POST COMPLETION AND MAINTENANCE. Once the project has been completed, our Project Manager can assist you by creating a personalized maintenance program specifically for your property.